Hi everyone! It's Amy here today with this week's tutorial.
One of my very first tutorials for October Afternoon was on creating a flower embellishement out of circle-punched patterned paper. Today's tutorial is a spin on that very idea. Since we are still several inches in snow here in the Northeast, it's still the subject of much of my current scrapping. So I decided to create some snowflakes using the same folding technique in that original tutorial.
Let's get started.
For my page I used a mix of papers from Silent Night, Eggnog, chipboard alphas from Daily Flash and several sizes of circle punches. The only additional item that you will need is a glue pen.
1) Punch out 8 circles from the same sized punch.
2) Fold the bottom half of the circle in on each side, creating a "v" shape with a point at the end.
3) Repeat this process with all 8 circles.
4) Match up sides that "fit" within each other (not all will be perfectly matched up, because folding this way is by "eye" and not measured, at least when I do it.) by slipping one into the other with the tips of the "V" facing away from each other.
5) When you have matched up all 8 of your cirlces, use your glue pen to adhere the top folded piece into the bottom piece. The side-edges should meet up as closely as possible, creating a diamond shape.
6) Repeat to all four diamond shapes.
7) Punch an additional circle to use as the base of the snowflake.
8) Adhere each diamond to the center of the circle eaqual distance from each other in the position of N, S, E, and W, like on a compass. Now you have the base of your snowflake. From here you can add buttons to the center, brads, flair, you can stitch additional "lines" to your snowflake, and embellish how you see fit.
Here you can see, this process can easily be translated onto a card as well as a layout.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to create a fun, simple and whimsical embellishement today simply by using your patterned papers and basic circle punches! If you still have snow covering your landscape, give this simple embellishment a try! Thanks so much for joining me today! I hope you have a super day! ~Amy