Hi everyone, Mou here! Today I want to share with you an idea for letting your loved ones know why you are so thankful for them. I'm talking about little door hanger pockets like this one.
For this project, I mainly used the October Afternoon Midway line. Even though Midway is meant to be a fun fair/carnival line, there are enough elements in the collection that lend themselves beautifully to autumn-themed projects. Just flip to the B side of your double-sided patterned papers and there you have it!
Photo Booth Carousel
Main Gate Cotton Candy
Washi Word Bubbles
Sprinklers: Token, Pink Balloon, and Twilight (Midway) and Rotary Phone (9 to 5)
And then I added some cardstock, a little bit of lace, some paint and Distress stains, wire, and thread. I created three of these door hanger pockets because that's how many people I have in my immediate family, but you could make as many as you need, following these directions.
1. Cut Main Gate paper into 4" x 6" pieces.
2. Cut cream cardstock into 4" x 6" pieces.
3. Cut Cotton candy paper into 3" x 4" pieces.
4. Cut some lace fabric into about 3" x 4" pieces.
5. Die cut or punch or hand cut some fall leaves out of Carousel paper.
6. Diecut or punch decorative borders out of three 2" x 4" pieces of Photo Booth paper.
7. Piece together elements on the 4"x6" pieces of Main Gate paper from step 1 as shown and stitch in place.
8. Splatter inks from the Sprinkler bottles on each piece and apply some paint and stains.
9. Stitch these pieces to the cardstock blocks from step 2 to make pockets.
10. Punch out half circles at the top of the pockets. Attach wires to make the pockets into door hangers.
11. Label each pocket with the recipient's name.
12. On cardstock strips, write the reasons why you are thankful for that person and put them in the pockets.