Vivian here with a quick-and-easy washi tape technique. First, let's look at the different October Afternoon washi tapes currently available:
First up is a Halloween card that features two washi tape flags:
This card features both tapes from the Witch Hazel line.
For the black flag:
- Rip a length of tape, lay a toothpick over the center on the sticky side, and fold the tape in half, matching up the top and bottom edges.
- Use scissors to cut the torn ends of the tape, making a clean rectangular flag.
- Use scissors to cut a triangle-shaped notch from the edge of the flag.
For the orange flag, repeat step 1 above, but then use decorative edge scissors to create a rectangular flag with clean edges that have a little extra oomph. I used zigzag scissors here.
The flag/banner elements here are used as ribbons underneath the greeting. To create these:
- Cut a strip of white cardstock to the width and length you want your flag/banner element to be.
- Layer different washi tapes along the strip of cardstock. You can either fold excess tape around the back side of the cardstock or you can trim it with scissors.
- Use scissors to cut a triangle-shaped notch at one end of your flag/banner.
Go forth and create flags and banners with washi tape! :) If you do, we'd love to see what you create in our October Afternoon Flickr Gallery!Hope you have fun creating with washi this week!