Hi everyone, Mou here with a stamped birthday card and the tutorial for you to make it yourself.
For this card I used the Cakewalk Background rubber stamp and Cakewalk Variety Rubber Stamp set. You'll also need brush markers, white cardstock, Sugar Stix paper, color pencils, pre-folded card, and pop dots. Let me walk you through the steps.
1. Moisten the background stamp with wet baby wipe. Color the moist stamp with brush markers, blending colors directly on the stamp. Wetting the stamp first helps to keep the ink wet longer. if you see the ink drying up fast on the stamp, huffing on it works as well.
2. Lay a piece of white cardstock face down on the inked stamp and press with your fingers to transfer the ink to paper, making sure not to wiggle the paper too much to keep the image crisp.
3. Ink the critters and a sentiment using a darker shade of brush marker and stamp on another piece of white cardstock.
4. Color the critters with color pencils and brush markers. Cut them out with scissors.
5. Attach a narrow strip of Sugar Stix paper toward the left of the background stamped block.
6. Attach the critters and sentiment on the strip using pop dots. Attach the embellished block to a pre-folded card to finish.
Hope you enjoyed today's stamping tutorial and would give this a try. If you do, please upload your creations to the October Afternoon Flickr gallery for us to see and be inspired! Have fun!