Hi everyone, Mou here with today's tutorial, Mixed Media Style.
Let me walk you through the steps.
1. Select your papers. I picked out five 8x8 patterned papers from October Afternoon 9 to 5 Collection.
2. Trim the papers to 1.75 inches squares.
3. Attach the squares to background cardstock leaving the the space for photo and journaling blank.
4. Apply white acrylic gesso to somewhat mute the patterns and unify the background.
5. Ink up portions of the Houndstooth background stamp and stamp along the top, right, and bottom of the cardstock.
6. Attach a 4" x 6" piece of ledger paper to the blank spot.
7. Splatter some yellow acrylic paint on the background and journal on the ledger paper.
8. Add photo using Date Washi tape as hinge above the journaling card.
9. Embellish photo with stickers and die-cut tab.
10. Add the title above the photo using alphabet stickers and marker.
11. Doodle butterflies and add a couple of buttons to the remaining page to finish.
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. If you make your own mixed media October Afternoon layout, please share with us in the OA Flickr Gallery. We would love to see your creations!
Have fun :)