Hello! Wilna here! Before I show you the project, let me show you the inspiration! I mean... seriously? How cute is this? And with Thanksgiving coming up... it's just the perfect little project.
First of all, these are the materials I used:
- Two 8x8 bags I bought at Walmart.
- Get some OA fabric. It's just too beautiful!
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery floss
This is how:
- I used my MM Slice to cut out the shapes of the owl and leaves. For the owl I used the Slice Fabrique Animal frenzy design card. The size of the owl was set at 5".
- The leaves was cut (different shapes and sizes) using the Applique Basic card.
- I added some OA Buttons and little pieces of jewelry
- Next, I sew the pieces together on a background of plain fabric and then cut each piece out (like the completed owl and leaves etc) and then simply adhered it to the bags with embroidery floss.
- I am a terrible seamstress. I really am. Don't look on the insides of the bags. (!!)
Use it for:
- A hostess gift bag
- Adding candy inside for a kid (like me)
- Hang it up with your coats with some potpourri inside for a lovely fragrance.
- Use it for a mini recyclable bag
- Just to look at
- Put a candle in the middle and use it as a centerpiece on your thanksgiving table.
- Make a minibook and use this as the giftwrap.
- As your guests arrive, let them all write one or two things on a scrap of paper that they are thankful for and place it in the bag. After dinner, read them together. : )
And all that's left to say is happy thanksgiving! Read these tips for a stress free weekend.
love and a kiss,